Salesforce data can be imported into Gigasheet using the Salesforce Data Connector. This includes both standard Salesforce tables as well as custom Salesforce reports. Data can be imported on an ad-hoc basis or on a schedule. Salesforce data added into Gigasheet becomes a standard Gigasheet sheet, on which all functions can be applied, including the ability to filter, pivot, enrich, and export.
The process to pull Salesforce data into Gigasheet is as follows:
ESTABLISH THE SALESFORCE CONNECTION
Before data can be mapped and imported, you first must establish a connection with your Salesforce account to Gigasheet.
1. In your Gigasheet Library, click New -> Data Connectors
2. Click Salesforce
3. Log in with your your credentials and allow access to your reports.
Next you will see “Successful! Connection Linked!” The widget will close, and you’ll be redirected to the Library, where Gigasheet will establish a connection.
This progress bar shows the connection being established, but it will not import data. After the sync completes, you now have a valid connection.
CHOOSE THE SALESFORCE DATA TO ADD
Once the connection is successful, you can choose which Salesforce data to add to Gigasheet. Both views and reports are available. Individual custom reports are by far the most popular thing imported.
The import capability will match your Salesforce data permissions. That is to say, you can import into Gigasheet anything your account is able to see in Salesforce.
1. Again, press New -> File Upload
2. Choose Data Connectors again
3. Choose Salesforce, which now should have a green Connected checkmark in the top right corner.
4. Click the Salesforce block again
5. Click Edit Field Map
6. From the Field Map, you will choose what Salesforce data to import into Gigasheet. You can import both reports and tables. To import Reports, search for ReportList.
Note: If you don't see ReportList, click the Refresh button to right above the list.
7. Click the edit (pencil) icon to the right of ReportList or any tables you've selected. On the next screen you'll select the specific reports or table columns you'd like to import to Gigasheet. Move reports (or table columns) you wish to import into the right-side “Chosen” section, and click Confirm.
Here we've selected a report for "All Leads."
8. Next click Save Change and click Back to return to this screen. Click the Run Job icon to complete the export of Salesforce data to Gigasheet.
SCHEDULE SALESFORCE IMPORTS
It is likely that you'll want to have your new and modified Salesforce report data show up on a daily or weekly basis as you log into Gigasheet. To do that, set a schedule:
1. At the widget, choose the three dots, and then Edit Schedule:
2. Choose the frequency of the import (options being Daily, Weekly, or Monthly), and the time the import should run, and click Save Changes.
That's it! Your data should now import on the schedule you have chosen.