Gigasheet helps anyone quickly analyze massive, disparate data sets without lengthy setup and complicated configuration. On the surface, Gigasheet appears as a familiar web-based spreadsheet. But behind the scenes it offers a high performance Big Data analytics platform that can support billions of data points.
Upload & Import Data
Get started by importing data on the Your Files screen. You can see a list of supported formats here. Gigasheet will automatically parse the file and detect delimiters, data types and more. Click the file name
Functions allow you to manipulate an entire column of data. The original data is never modified to maintain integrity.
- Combined columns - select two or more columns to combine into a new concatenated column. You may separate values by a specified delimiter string.
- Split columns - slice one column into multiple new columns based on a specified delimiter string
- Cleanup Unix time - convert a column of Unix timestamps (also known as Epoch time) to more readable UTC time. You may optionally specify a timezone offset.
- Set first row as header - if Gigasheet did not automatically detect the first row as a header, use this function to use the first row values as column headers.
- Cross file lookup - similar to vlookup function in Excel, this function allows you to cross-check one column against another column in a different file. This function adds a column with True (if a matching value was found) or False (if the value was not found) in the other file.
- Change data type - The Change Data Type function allows you to transform the data type of any column. This is helpful when you have a column that was incorrectly identified as one data type on import, but you want to transform the data to work with it in a different way.
- Extract day of week - This function allows you to extract the day of the week from a date time value. For example, if you have the date time 2005-08-08 23:30:00 and apply the extract day of week function, you would get a new column with the text value “Monday”. Please note that in order to successfully extract the day of the week, your date time cell must be in the correct date time format.
- Character Count - When applying this function to a column, a new column will be created containing the character count, or number of characters, of each value in the original column. Note that in order to successfully extract character counts, your original column must be in the text format.
- Decode base64 content - Base64 encoding schemes are commonly used when there is a need to encode binary data. This encoding helps to ensure that the data remains intact without modification during transport. Base64 is used commonly in a number of applications including email via MIME, as well as storing complex data in XML or JSON. The Decode base64 content function finds and decodes any base64 content in the column that you applied the function to.