When uploading a file, a variety of errors can occur if the file is not formatted correctly. Below is a list of errors that could be received upon uploading a file.
|Error Message||Possible Solutions|
- Parsing failed on record
- Gigasheet could not identify a parser for your file
|Parsing errors can occur for a multitude of reasons.|
Gigasheet supports 17,000 columns, flattening JSON files can lead to "wide files" occurring. Sometimes a JSON file ends mid-array or a malformed data record. Review you data for proper format.
- zip: unsupported compression algorithm
- zip: not a valid zip file
|If this error occurs, please attempt to unzip your file and reupload it.|
This can also occur when a third-party program/software is used such as 7-zip.
- file exceeds the max number of columns: ____
- File is empty
- Error creating table- Unsupported file type
|File exceeds columns could indicate a problem within a JSON file. Each nested value may get parsed as a separate column value, which can cause the # of columns in a file to increase. |
The file is empty indicating nothing exists on the file. Please open the file in its native format and review if values appear.
Unsupported file type means a file type was uploaded that is not support. Review file types articles
- Your file appears to be encoded in _________, but Gigasheet does not yet support this encoding, so please try converting the file to UTF-8 and uploading again
|Review encoding error (break those two articles out)|
|Archive Errors (merge)|
- Nested archives are not supported
- Archives that contain encrypted files are not
-archive exceeds 100 file limit
|- archive exceeds 100 file limit: cannot zip over 100 files|
- Internal Server Error
|- Contact Gigasheet support if this occurs|